Yum! Brown Rice with Beans and Salsa! Such a good recipe for the whole family. Try this one out with a traditional Spanish style meat to complete the meal. Let us know what you think of this Brown Rice with Beans and Salsa recipe. We hope you enjoy it! You can also give this Brown Rice with Beans and Salsa recipe a star rating for other users to follow along and see whether they would like to try it out.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups black beans (cooked and drained)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 poblano pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (leaves removed from the stems)
- goat cheese (or feta cheese)
- Add half of the oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and cover with a lid. Allow the rice to cook for 40 minutes. Add more water, if necessary.
- Remove the rice from the heat and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Fluff the rice with a pork.
- In a pot, add the beans, cumin, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mash the beans lightly and continue cooking everything until the liquid evaporates.
- In a bowl, add poblano pepper, ginger, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and coriander. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Serve the beans on a plate with the brown rice. Pour the salsa on top. Add the cheese and slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories610Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.