Crab salad, anyone? This delicious version features fresh crabs that are boiled first, then the meat removed, which does require some patience and persistence but pays off in terrific fashion (otherwise you can forego this process and simply buy already cooked crab meat, picking it over carefully for any broken shell bits). The sweet crab meat is combined with the usual suspects: hard-cooked egg, cornichons, mayonnaise, Dijon, and cider vinegar.
- 1 brown crab
- 1 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 pickles (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pepper (to taste)
- coriander (to taste)
- Tabasco Pepper Sauce (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Place the crab in boiling water for a few minutes until cooked. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Boil 1 egg and cool and chop.
- Pick the meat from the shell, taking care to keep lumps of meat intact.
- Once you remove all the lumps, place in a bowl and add the chopped egg, chopped pickle, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and cider vinegar. Fold ingredients together and season with pepper, tabasco and coriander. Refrigerate until ready to serve.