®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Brown Butter Sage Whole Turkey with Roasted Root VegetablesHONEYSUCKLE WHITE
Brown Butter Sage Whole Turkey with Roasted Root Vegetables
- In a skillet, heat the butter and 12 sage leaves over medium heat and season generously with Kosher salt. Stir the butter constantly, especially as it begins to foam and sizzle. Continually watch butter as it cooks, removing from heat once the butter turns golden brown and smells nutty. Immediately transfer brown sage butter to a bowl to stop the cooking process. Let cool until it’s cool to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove turkey from packaging and follow the listed prep directions on back of package. Pat turkey dry and place on the rack of your roasting pan. Stuff the cavity of your turkey with the onion, remaining 4 sage leaves, and season generously with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle and smear half of the browned butter all over the surface of the turkey and under the skin. Season turkey with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook turkey according to package directions, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F at the thickest part of the turkey. Approximately every 45 minutes, baste the turkey. To baste, remove turkey from oven and gently tilt the pan to scoop up the pan liquids and drizzle them on top of the turkey.
- Remove turkey from oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving. Drizzle turkey and roasted root vegetables with reserved sage brown butter.
- For the Roasted Root Vegetables: Place vegetables on a large baking sheet in a single layer (or divide among multiple baking sheets as needed). Toss with olive oil and season generously with Kosher salt. Roast in oven during the last 45 minutes of turkey cooking. Drizzle with sage brown butter.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories810Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.