- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (680 g, 6 ounces/170 g each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat KitchenAid® Countertop Oven to Broil and place Oven Rack in position C.
- Combine mirin, sake, soy sauce and sugar in small sauce pan. Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Divide sauce into two portions.
- Arrange fish on greased Broiler Pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush fillets evenly with half of the sauce mixture.
- Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until centers are opaque. Remove from oven and,with a clean brush, coat each fillet with remaining sauce.