- 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops (1 1/4- inch thick)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups summer squash (mixed, sliced)
- vinaigrette dressing
- 2 green apples (tart, cored and sliced into thin rings)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 6-8 minutes per side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve immediately with vegetable medley and cinnamon apples.
- Vegetable Medley: Steam summer squash and carrots. Toss with your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Cinnamon Apples: Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute apple rings until tender, 5-6 minutes. Sprink with brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir gently to blend.