Sandwiches are a perfect way to pack meats, cheeses, and vegetables in a hearty hand-held meal for days when you are on the go. This Broccoli, Green Bean, and Turkey Frank Sandwich provides all the flavors for your palate. Ingredients include brocco…
i, string beans, turkey chorizo, turkey franks, garlic cloves, ground nutmeg, sliced bread of your choice, parmesan cheese, manchego cheese, and Chihuahua cheese. It is great to the last bite.
- 1 broccoli (large, bunch, chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 pound string beans
- 1 piece chorizo (turkey)
- 2 franks (turkey, chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- ground nutmeg
- 4 bread slices (rustic)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 slices manchego cheese (or Monterey Jack cheese)
- 2 slices chihuahua cheese (or mild Cheddar cheese)
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the broccoli and string beans al dente. Place in chilled water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large saucepan, cook the chorizo. Drain the excess fat and add the franks. Cook for 3 minutes and add the garlic, nutmeg, broccoli, and string beans. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add this stew to 2 slices of bread and sprinkle the cheeses on top. Close the sandwich with the other 2 slices of bread. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes and serve.