Fresh broccoli served with a Mediterranean flavor. This salad goes well with Greek Islands Pork Kabobs or as part of a menu featuring Grilled Ham with Lemon-Orange Glaze.
- 6 cups broccoli florets (fresh)
- 14 cups mixed salad greens (torn)
- 1 red bell pepper (large, cut into thin strips)
- 1 cup kalamata (pitted)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely shredded)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled, plain or herb)
- In large covered saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. In large salad bowl, combine broccoli, salad greens, bell pepper and olives. In screw-top jar, combine oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, dill, garlic, crushed red pepper and salt. Cover and shake well. Pour over greens mixture; toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.