Pasta salad is a great side dish for any summer backyard barbecue. This Broccoli and Ham Pasta Salad takes 35 minutes to prepare and is a mere 170 calories. It will be a hearty side dish for your next party. Ingredients include flavorful and hearty…
vegetables with ham and a delicious dressing. Make sure you pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping. This is a dish you have to try!
- 2 broccoli florets
- 2 cups short pasta (preferably whole-wheat)
- 90 grams ham (diced, or turkey breast)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (in strips)
- 1/4 cup red onion (in thin half-moon slices)
- 3 cups lettuce (assorted, chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch dried tarragon (crushed)
- ground black pepper
- Heat the water with salt. Cook the broccoli al dente in the water. Remove it from the heat, immerse in cold water, and set aside.
- In the same water the broccoli was cooked in, cook the pasta al dente, following the instructions on the package.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked pasta, broccoli, ham, bell pepper, and onion.
- For the dressing, mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing in the pasta salad bowl and mix carefully.
- To serve, place a bed of lettuce and add the pasta salad on top.
|Calories170Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.