Broccoli and Ham Pasta SaladMadeleine Cocina
Pasta salad is a great side dish for any summer backyard barbecue. This Broccoli and Ham Pasta Salad takes 35 minutes to prepare and is a mere 170 calories. It will be a hearty side dish for your next party. Ingredients include flavorful and hearty vegetables with ham and a delicious dressing. Make sure you pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping. This is a dish you have to try!
- 2 broccoli florets
- 2 cups short-cut pasta (preferably whole-wheat)
- 90 grams ham (diced, or turkey breast)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (in strips)
- 1/4 cup red onion (in thin half-moon slices)
- 3 cups lettuce (assorted, chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon onions (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch dried tarragon leaves (crushed)
- ground black pepper
- 1Heat the water with salt. Cook the broccoli al dente in the water. Remove it from the heat, immerse in cold water, and set aside.
- 2In the same water the broccoli was cooked in, cook the pasta al dente, following the instructions on the package.
- 3In a bowl, mix the cooked pasta, broccoli, ham, bell pepper, and onion.
- 4For the dressing, mix the ingredients together.
- 5Pour the dressing in the pasta salad bowl and mix carefully.
- 6To serve, place a bed of lettuce and add the pasta salad on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.