You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Broccoli Soup with Cuttlefish Noodles and Iberian Bacon combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth.…
These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 leek
- 1 green onion
- 1 cuttlefish (large)
- Iberian bacon (finely chopped)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 drops oil (basil, optional)
- For the cuttlefish, use plastic wrap to roll cuttlefish and freeze for about 4 hours.
- With a sharp knife, cut cuttlefish into very thin strips and thoroughly pat dry.
- For the broccoli soup, coarsely chop broccoli, leek and green onion.
- Place vegetables in a pan and cover with water, then bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, and then drizzle with oil.
- Season with salt to taste. With an immersion blender, puree vegetables to desired consistency.
- Cook bacon in a pan until crispy and fat is rendered.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Fry cuttlefish in hot bacon fat.
- To serve, place broccoli soup in bowl, top with cuttlefish and garnish with bacon pieces.
- If desired, add a few drops of basil oil.