Romanesco broccoli adds a fun texture element to this recipe for Broccoli Fuzzili with Blue Cheese. Otherwise known as Roman cauliflower, Romanesco broccoli has a very distinct look and is similar in flavor to a cross between broccoli and cauliflower. Sauteed alongside fuzzili pasta in a creamy herb and blue cheese sauce, the Romanesco broccoli becomes tender and flavorful. This recipe is vegetarian friendly. Use a gluten free pasta if you have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity.
- 6 servings
- 300 grams pasta (fuzzili)
- 1 broccoli (Romanesque)
- 5 centimeters fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150 grams blue cheese (bleu d'Auvergne)
- olive oil (to taste)
- fresh thyme
- pepper (grinder)
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add a drizzle of olive oil, 3 sprigs of thyme, and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and, 5 minutes later, the washed and cut broccoli.
- When the pasta is cooked to al dente, remove from heat.
- Remove the thyme stems and drain, but save some of the cooking water.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a wok, heat a little olive oil, and saute the garlic cloves lightly.
- Add the broccoli, pasta, a few cheese cubes, and saute, stirring slowly (if mixture gets too dry, add a little of the cooking water.
- The cheese will melt, and make a delicious sauce.
- After everything is well mixed, remove from heat, and put the mixture in an ovenproof container.
- Sprinkle the remaining blue cheese on top, and brown in the oven for 15 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.