Broccoli Breadcrumb Baked Salmon with Butternut Squash NoodlesKITCHENAID
- 1 butternut squash
- 9 ounces salmon (portions)
- 6 teaspoons dijon mustard (country)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (stems completely removed)
- olive oil (to drizzle)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your butternut squash to be spiralized. First, slice off the bottom, which is the most bulbous part of the squash. Using the body of the squash, slice off the top. Peel the squash completely. Then, chop it in half. Load each half of the squash into a spiralizer and spiralize each one, using the blade with the smallest triangles.
- Take the butternut squash noodles and spread them out on a baking tray. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a baking tray, lay out the broccoli. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix to combine and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. When done, set aside.
- While the broccoli is roasting, prepare your breadcrumbs. First, place the whole wheat English muffin into the KitchenAid® Food Chopper. Pulse until breadcrumbs. Pour the breadcrumbs into a large skillet over medium heat and cook until toasted, about 3 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same KitchenAid® Food Chopper, place in your roasted broccoli. Pulse until no big chunks remain.
- Pour the broccoli bits into the bowl of breadcrumbs. Add in the grated Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Coat a baking tray with cooking spray. Place down the three salmon portions, equally spaced apart. With a knife, spread 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard over the top of each salmon portion. Then, take the breadcrumb mixture and pack on top of each salmon, using about 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 15 minutes. Five minutes after the salmon has been baking, add in the tray of butternut squash noodles. Bake the squash noodles for 7 minutes.
- When the noodles are done, remove them from the oven, mix with 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and plate into three bowls evenly. Top each bowl with a salmon filet. Garnish with additional breadcrumbs. Enjoy!
|Calories390Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.