Have you ever heard of stuffed flan? How about broccoli flan? If you haven’t, you’re missing out; but, not for long. This gelatinous broccoli flan is bright green and overflowing with a red and orange pepper filling. Vibrant on the plate and bursting with flavor in the mouth! Smooth savory broccoli taste with a jelly fun composition doesn’t get any more fun to eat. The pepper filling adds sweet and acidic tones to the dish.
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 bunch broccoli
- heavy cream (10 cl.)
- 2 eggs
- Saute the diced pepper in a drizzle of olive oil until tender, but still crisp. Remove from heat.
- Saute broccoli with shallots and garlic until very tender.
- When broccoli is cooked, add to a blender and puree until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli puree to cream egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease ramekins with olive oil on bottom and sides.
- Pour broccoli puree into each ramekin up to halfway mark, and top with diced peppers.
- Then cover with the remaining broccoli mixture.
- Place ramekins in a baking sheet lined with a paper towel.
- Add hot tap water to the baking sheet up to 2/3 of the ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife through the edges of each ramekin and unmold onto a plate.