- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter (softened, plus additional, for greasing)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 5 1/2 cups flour (plus additional, for kneading)
- 1/2 cup milk (warm)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- powdered sugar (to dust)
- Place golden raisins and liqueur in a small bowl. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Combine 1/3 cup warm water, yeast and 2 tsp sugar in a small bowl. Stir gently. Cover and let stand in a warm place about 10 mins, until frothy.
- Beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Separate remaining eggs. Add yolks to creamed mixture, beating well. Stir in yeast mixture until well combined.
- Fold in flour alternately with milk until combined. Turn dough out onto a clean, heavily floured surface. Knead 10 mins until smooth. Transfer to a large greased bowl. Cover and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface and knead in soaked golden raisins and almonds. Cut in half and roll each into a 16 inch-long strip. Moisten one end of each strip and pinch together, then twist strips together. Join ends to form a wreath shape. Place in a 12-inch well-greased ring pan. Cover and let stand in a warm place a further 45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Brush wreath with beaten egg white.
- Bake 35-40 mins, until golden. Cover with foil in final 10 mins if brioche browns too quickly. Cool in pan 5 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.