Brigadier of CocoO Meu Tempero
These miniature treats are made with sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, and just a tad bit of butter (for richness) and regular milk, and that's it. Once the mixture is nice and thick, it's allowed to set up before scooping out portions and shaping into balls with the palms of your hands. A final coating of (more) coconut hints at the flavor inside. Chill until ready to serve, at a festive event.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 5 tablespoons coconut (very full grated of, + to sprinkle)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (shallow)
- oil (for greasing)
- 1In a saucepan place the condensed milk, milk and butter.
- 2Bring to low heat until it forms a bond when pressed together and pulled apart (roughly 20 minutes) stirring constantly.
- 3It reduces and thickens.
- 4Turn off the heat, add the coconut and engage well.
- 5Pour into a greased dish with oil and leave to cool completely.
- 6Preferably leave in the fridge a few minutes.
- 7Grease your hands with oil and ,with the help of a tablespoon, withdraw small amounts.
- 8Make balls with your hands and go through the coconut.
- 9Repeat the operation.
- 10And sample in a refrigerator at a time.