These miniature treats are made with sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, and just a tad bit of butter (for richness) and regular milk, and that's it. Once the mixture is nice and thick, it's allowed to set up before scooping out portions and shaping into balls with the palms of your hands. A final coating of (more) coconut hints at the flavor inside. Chill until ready to serve, at a festive event.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 5 tablespoons coconut (very full grated of, + to sprinkle)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (shallow)
- oil (for greasing)
- In a saucepan place the condensed milk, milk and butter.
- Bring to low heat until it forms a bond when pressed together and pulled apart (roughly 20 minutes) stirring constantly.
- It reduces and thickens.
- Turn off the heat, add the coconut and engage well.
- Pour into a greased dish with oil and leave to cool completely.
- Preferably leave in the fridge a few minutes.
- Grease your hands with oil and ,with the help of a tablespoon, withdraw small amounts.
- Make balls with your hands and go through the coconut.
- Repeat the operation.
- And sample in a refrigerator at a time.