If you like fancy cheese at your parties, then try this Brie in Puff Pasty. It is rich and creamy. It takes 40 minutes to prepare this dish and it has 270 calories per serving. Everyone will love this decadent treat. If you love brie and want to try a tasty twist on this hearty favorite, then this is the recipe to try. This recipe combines sweet, savory, and spicy into a nice, neat flaky package.
- 1 brie cheese (round)
- 200 grams pastry dough (fresh puff)
- jam (peach, or cherry jam)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chiles
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Grease a casserole dish or other baking pan.
- Using a rolling pin, spread the puffed pastry dough out onto the counter and divide it into two sections. Each should be about .5 centimeter thick and measure approximately 3 centimeters larger than the cheese.
- Blend the jam and chipotles together in a blender or in a bowl with a fork. Pour the mixture onto each half of the puffed pastry and spread, allowing a border approximately 2 centimeters around the edges. Place the cheese on one half, cover it with the other, and join them together, using your fingers, until the cheese is completely covered. Place on the greased baking pan.
- Beat the egg slightly and brush the entire surface of the dough with it. With a knife, cut a few slits in the upper section of the dough for the heat to escape.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.