In this modern (read: unfussy) spin on classic canapes, tortillas stand in for the usual sliced bread as the base. Use corn tortillas for a gluten-free option. The tortillas are first topped with sliced Brie (Camembert or other creamy cheese would also work, as would a fresh goat cheese) and then a flavorful spread of crushed pitted olives, fresh parsley, and mayonnaise. Kalamata olives are a good choice here, but you can use your own favorite variety.
- 100 grams pitted olives
- chopped parsley (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 slice brie cheese
- 2 tortillas (Mexican)
- chives (chopped, to taste)
- Crush the olives.
- Mix the crushed olives with chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, season with a little salt, pepper and a little more mayonnaise if you prefer.
- Place chunks of cheese on the tortillas and cover with the mayonnaise sauce.
- Garnish with minced chives.