- 4 slices bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 15 ounces brie cheese (wheel)
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced and toasted)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- Thaw pastry 20 minutes; roll sheet out on a lightly floured surface to a 15-inch square and cut to a 15-inch circle. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice Brie in half horizontally and layer with bacon, almonds and parsley. Place in center of pastry, trim away multiple cuts of pastry from the folds. Brush pastry edges with egg wash, pull up sides to enclose. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. If desired, decorate top with pastry scraps. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 12 servings.
Jim 5 months ago
Great flavor I brushed with a small amount of honey for added flavor.