- chutney (:)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 granny smith apple
- 2 teaspoons i can't believe it's not butter! spread
- toast (s:)
- 32 slices french bread
- 1/4 cup i can't believe it's not butter! spread
- 16 ounces brie cheese (cut in 32 pieces)
- For Chutney, in small bowl, combine orange juice, water, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, jalapeno and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apples and orange juice mixture and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- For Toasts, preheat broiler. Spread bread with 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and place on baking sheet. Broil until golden. Remove from oven and top with each piece with piece of brie. Broil, watching closely, until cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Top each with about 1 tablespoon Chutney. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
PER SERVING *
|Calories2170Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.