- 3 cups cake flour (unsifted)
- 1 3/4 cups fine granulated sugar (super, see note)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (very soft)
- 1/4 cup shortening (regular, not butter-flavored variety)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 9 ounces white chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry filling
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- edible flowers (Fresh)
- mint leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two, 9-inch round by 2-inch deep baking pans. Line with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl and with mixer on very low speed, combine cake flour, super fine sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and shortening until smooth and light. Add butter to dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Add half of the egg whites, mix on low speed for 30 seconds and scrape bowl well.