Breton Shortbread Cookies with RaspberriesOn dine chez Nanou
If you want to make a sweet treat that is both delicious and beautiful, then try this Breton Shortbread Cookies with Raspberries recipe. It takes 70 minutes to prepare them, but they are more than worth the wait. Go ahead and double or triple the recipe because they are that good. This recipe combines the butter decadence of the shortbread cookies with the sweetness of fresh berries for a taste that is out of this world.
- 2 egg yolks
- 120 grams granulated sugar
- 120 grams softened butter
- 190 grams flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 2 grams salt
- 1 vanilla beans
- milk (35 cl.)
- 1 eggs
- 65 grams granulated sugar
- 40 grams corn starch
- 35 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 2 pints raspberries
- confectioners sugar
- 1With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale.
- 2Add the softened butter and mix.
- 3When the mixture is smooth, add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
- 4Beat quickly to get a smooth dough.
- 5Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 6Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 7Roll out the dough 5 mm thick on top of a floured parchment paper.
- 8Lightly grease pastry rings. Arrange them on a baking sheet.
- 9Cut circles dough and fit them inside the pastry rings.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes.
- 11Let cool.
- 12Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds using a knife.
- 13Boil the milk and add vanilla seeds.
- 14Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- 15Mix the egg, the sugar and cornstarch.
- 16Strain the milk through a sieve and boil again.
- 17Gradually add the egg/sugar mixture, stirring vigorously.
- 18Cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- 19Remove from heat and add butter and orange blossom water.
- 20Transfer the cream to a large bowl, wrap with a plastic film and let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 21Before using, whip it quickly.
- 22To serve, place one cookie and spread with 1 tablespoon of custard.
- 23Gently top with raspberries and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.