If you want to make a sweet treat that is both delicious and beautiful, then try this Breton Shortbread Cookies with Raspberries recipe. It takes 70 minutes to prepare them, but they are more than worth the wait. Go ahead and double or triple the recipe because they are that good. This recipe combines the butter decadence of the shortbread cookies with the sweetness of fresh berries for a taste that is out of this world.
- 2 egg yolks
- 120 grams granulated sugar
- 120 grams softened butter
- 190 grams flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 2 grams salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- milk (35 cl.)
- 1 egg
- 65 grams granulated sugar
- 40 grams cornstarch
- 35 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 2 pints raspberries
- confectioner's sugar
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale.
- Add the softened butter and mix.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat quickly to get a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough 5 mm thick on top of a floured parchment paper.
- Lightly grease pastry rings. Arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Cut circles dough and fit them inside the pastry rings.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds using a knife.
- Boil the milk and add vanilla seeds.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Mix the egg, the sugar and cornstarch.
- Strain the milk through a sieve and boil again.
- Gradually add the egg/sugar mixture, stirring vigorously.
- Cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add butter and orange blossom water.
- Transfer the cream to a large bowl, wrap with a plastic film and let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Before using, whip it quickly.
- To serve, place one cookie and spread with 1 tablespoon of custard.
- Gently top with raspberries and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.