Cakes are created with love and care. They are enjoyed at parties, special occasions, holidays, office parties, and of course, birthday celebrations. Finding the best cake for the occasion can be difficult. This Breton Prune Cake is hearty, healthy, and aromatic. Make sure to have extra milk on hand because this will be perfect paired with an ice cold glass. We hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do.
- 200 grams prunes (seedless)
- 150 milliliters dark rum
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300 milliliters milk (warmed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 20-centimeter round cake pan. Cut a circle from parchment paper of the same diameter and lay that in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the prunes into a bowl and pour the rum on top. Let them macerate for a few minutes.
- In another large bowl, add the flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt. While continuously beating, add the eggs one by one until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the milk and mix well until the milk has completely absorbed.
- Drain the prunes and line the bottom of the cake pan with them. Then pour the batter overtop. Bake about 40 minutes until it has risen and is firm to the touch.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle the top of the cake with sugar when it is done, and let it sit for just a couple of minutes under the broiler until the sugar has caramelized.
|Calories510Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.