If you are craving a fancy and flavorful dinner, then why not try making this recipe for Breton Olive Biscuits. It is the perfect combination of a sweet, savory and salty dish. This recipe would be decadent paired with the perfect meal main entrée. Why not pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family this weekend with a decadent side dish for the family dinner.
- 80 grams butter
- 100 grams olives
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams grated Gruyère cheese
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place it in a large mixing bowl. Let the butter soften at room temperature.
- Pit the olives if needed and chop them with a knife.
- When the butter is soft, add the flour, baking powder, milk, and salt to the bowl. Work the dough. Add the olives and Gruyere and mix well. Form the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap, and let it rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured worktop until it is 2 to 3 millimeters thick. Cut out small circles with a drinking glass or a cookie cutter. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.