Brebille Baked Cheese, Baby Carrots, Hazelnuts, And HoneyOn dine chez Nanou
Serving the perfect side dish is like having the perfect icing on the cake. It takes a wonderful meal, and makes it superb. This recipe for Breville Baked Cheese, Baby Carrots, Hazelnuts, and Honey is just the side dish needed to prepare the perfect meal. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare two servings. This recipe combines the sweetness of baby carrots and honey, with salty and savory intredients for a wonderful and flavorful experience.
- 2 bunches baby carrots (with tops)
- 20 grams hazelnuts
- ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 slices bread
- 1 cheese (Breville)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Centigrade.
- 2Wash the carrots and 1/4 of the tops. Dry the tops with a paper towel, set aside.
- 3Peel the carrots, cut in half lengthwise, cut halves in half lengthwise. Cut the four carrot sticks in small cubes. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add the diced carrots, saute for 7 to 8 minutes on high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add hazelnuts (slightly crushed), and the finely chopped carrot tops, mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add 3 tablespoons of honey, 1 pinch of cinnamon, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 6With a cookie cutter, cut circles the size of the cheese in the bread.
- 7Cut the cheese in half horizontally, and place each half on a slice of bread. Spread 1 spoon of honey on the 2 cheeses.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese begins to melt slightly (the cheese is soft enough so it is not necessary to cook for too long).
- 9Place the cheese toast in 2 plates, top with the diced carrots with honey and hazelnuts.