- 1 pound bulk pork sausages (seasoned as desired)
- 8 slices bread (cubed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (OR golden mushroom soup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon; drain. Pat sausage dry with paper towels. Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in baking dish. Sprinkle cubed Cheddar cheese over bread. Sprinkle sausage over cheese. Combine eggs, 2 1/2 cups milk and dry mustard in medium bowl; beat with rotary beater or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over layered mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Stir together cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk in small bowl. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 hours or until center is set when baking dish is slightly jiggled. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 8.