- 3 pounds pork shoulder (trimmed well)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried sage (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon dried savory (crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Trim pork of all fat; cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Freeze pork for 30 minutes. In meat grinder or food processor, grind pork and then grind pork again with onion and garlic. In large bowl, mix seasonings into pork mixture. Stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover and chill for one hour.
- Form into 16 patties, cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours to marry flavors. Use within two days or wrap in air-tight paper and freeze.
- To cook, over medium-high heat on griddle or in skillet, cook sausages until browned and cooked through.