- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup leek (finely chopped)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce in blender. Pulse 2-3 times on speed 1 (mix). With the blender running on speed 2, slowly add butter until frothy. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Place stock in saucepan on back burner over low heat.
- Heat olive oil in medium stockpot over medium-high heat. Add leek and saute until it begins to become translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add rice and saute, stirring constantly 1-2 minutes. Add stock, 1 cup at a time and simmer until it absorbs, stirring frequently. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Cook until all broth is absorbed and rice is creamy, but al dente. Keep warm.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray. Cook eggs two at a time to desired doneness.
- Divide risotto between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with an egg and top with hollandaise, parmesan cheese and black pepper. Serve immediately.