®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Breakfast Ham Focaccia
The combination of focaccia, cheese and roasted red sweet pepper topped with cooked ham slices and scrambled eggs is sure to wake up and wow friends and family with its unexpected blend of flavors.
- Preheat broiler. Broil cut sides of focaccia until toasted. Remove from broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, roasted peppers and 2 tsp rosemary. Spread some of the mascarpone mixture on each half of the focaccia. Cut each half of the focaccia into 4 wedges or squares.
- Meanwhile, with a whisk or fork, in a medium bowl, beat eggs, water, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper together until combined. In a 10-inch skillet, melt 1 Tbs butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more or until eggs are cooked through but still moist, lifting and folding often to assure eggs cook evenly. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- To assemble focaccia, broil cheese-topped wedges or squares for 2 minutes. Top each with 2 slices of ham and some of the scrambled egg mixture. Spoon some of the Asiago Cheese Sauce (instructions follow) over each wedge or square. If desired, garnish with additional snipped rosemary or parsley.
- Asiago Cheese Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt 1 Tbs butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Stir in half & half or light cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in grated 3/4 cup Asiago cheese until melted. Makes about 1 1/4 cups sauce.