- 1 cup ap flour
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (Omit Paprika and add 1 TBLS Sugar for sweet crepes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (Don’t add to batter when it’s hot! Let cool before adding to batter.)
- Combine the flour, smoked paprika and salt in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, and milk and whisk to mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Now pour cooled melted butter into batter and whisk until incorporated.
- Heat the Jenn-Air Griddle to 375 degrees or heat a heavy nonstick skillet until quite hot. Pour in 2 TBLS of the batter, then quickly tilt the pan so the batter spreads evenly, forming a crepe. Cook until lightly brown, 30 to 45 seconds; then turn and cook another 15 seconds.
- If using a griddle, pour about 2 TBLS from a ladle onto the griddle and then place the ladle on top of batter and swirl in a circle starting from the inside slowly moving to the outside. This will help thin the crepe. Turn the crepe over when the batter goes from shiny to matte. Flip the crepe and cook another minute.
- Repeat, using all the batter. You can fill the crepes with you favorite filling.
- As you finish the crepes, stack them between sheets of waxed paper to prevent them from sticking. Wrap the stacked crepes in plastic wrap. They will keep for days.
- Always make the batter the day you use it and cook within a few hours