This recipe for Breakfast Cinnamon Croissants is so dreamy and sweet, you will want to double the batch just so you can have a few for yourself. It takes about 80 minutes to prepare this recipe that serves four. So pick your three favorite people to serve them to and make sure to have butter on hand. Get up extra early to make these and bring them breakfast in bed.
- 450 grams flour
- 50 grams softened butter
- 1.5 deciliters heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 deciliters buttermilk
- 50 grams fresh yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 70 sugar (gramsgranulated)
- 70 grams softened butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- With a stand mixer with hook attachment knead flour, butter, whipping cream, buttermilk, yeast, honey and salt, for 5-6 minutes until a smooth dough forms.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, in a medium bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamonwith a fork.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll out the dough to form a 40X30 cm rectangle.
- With a spoon or a a knife, spread the butter-sugar-cinnamon mixture overn the dough.
- Cut the dough into 2 strips of 15 cm wide and then cut each strip into 6 to get 12 rectangles.
- Then divide the rectangles into 2 by cutting a diagonal to make 2 triangles.
- Gently roll each croissant from the widest point to the base.
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Slightly beat the egg to make a glaze.
- Using a pastry brush, glaze the croissants and bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown
PER SERVING *
|Calories980Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.