Recipe from MamaLovesFood.
- 2 cups ham (chopped into small pieces*)
- 4 cups potatoes (hashbrown, or shredded potatoes)
- 1 cup bell pepper (small chopped, approximately one medium/small pepper)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (finely, divided in half)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sweet peppers, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and ham. Mix well.
- 2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Add whisked eggs to vegetable bowl and stir. Incorporate potatoes, then 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- 4. Pour casserole mixture into an 8x8 or 9x9 lightly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes, until cooked through and egg is set. If using a broiler safe dish, turn on broiler for 2 - 3 minutes to crisp and brown cheese.
- 6. Enjoy!