- 1/2 pound turkey bacon (cooked and crumbled, or regular bacon)
- 1/2 pound chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onions (diced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 slices bread (stale, any bread will do here)
- 7 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind of milk)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- In a KitchenAid® Skillet, sauté the bacon and sausage in olive oil over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes, on a KitchenAid® Electric Convection Slide-In Range. Add in the peppers, mushrooms, and onions and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender. Toss in the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Lightly spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the dish with the slices of bread. Preheat your KitchenAid® Convection Microwave oven using the Vegetable Casserole Bake option at 1.5 quart.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and 1 cup cheddar cheese that was shredded in the KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Food Processor. Add the cooked vegetables to the bowl and mix to combine. Pour the mixture over the bread in the casserole dish. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the dish in the heated Microwave and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and a skewer inserted comes out almost clean.
- Serve immediately.
|Calories640Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.