Breakfast Burritos With Hispanic-style Cheese and Chorizo SaucePork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups hash brown potatoes (Refrigerated, Shredded)
- 1/2 cup onions (Chopped)
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (Drained)
- 3/4 cup Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese (Shredded)
- 6 tortillas (10-Inch, Plain Or Flavored)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (Snipped)
- 8 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (Wisconsin, Shredded)
- 8 ounces chorizo (Browned And Drained)
- 2 small tomatoes (Peeled And Finely Chopped)
- 3 ounces tomato paste (1/2 Of A 6-Oz Can)
- 1/2 cup onions (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jalapeno chilies (Seeded And Finely Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (Chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (Crushed)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil. Add potatoes and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden. Stir in chili peppers.
- 3Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat in preheated oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Queso Quesadilla cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes, lifting and folding often, until egg are evenly cooked through but still moist. Remove from heat.
- 5Working with one tortilla at a time (keep remaining tortillas warm in foil) spoon 1/6 of the egg mixture onto tortilla, just below center. Fold bottom edge of tortilla up and over filling. Fold in opposite sides. Roll tortilla from the bottom. If necessary, secure with wooden toothpicks. Repeat with remaining tortillas and eggs mixture.
- 6Arrange burritos on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through. Remove toothpicks. To serve, spoon some of the Chorizo Sauce over each tortilla and sprinkle with Cotija cheese.
- 7Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.