Breakfast Burritos With Hispanic-Style Cheese and Chorizo SaucePORK
A hearty breakfast that can be served with fresh fruit salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups hash brown potatoes (refrigerated, shredded)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 4 ounces diced green chiles (canned, drained)
- 6 tortillas (10-Inch, plain or flavored)
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (snipped)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (Wisconsin, shredded)
- 8 ounces chorizo (browned and drained)
- 2 small tomatoes (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 ounces tomato paste (1/2 of a 6-oz can)
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jalapeno chile (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil. Add potatoes and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden. Stir in diced green chiles.
- Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat in preheated oven for 10 minutes to soften.