- 3 pounds apples (* of whatever, or mix of apples, you like to bake with, peeled, cored and cut into medium chunks)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, as you wish; I used unsweetened)
|Calories930Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
lindsay d 12 Jan
This was really good. I'd recommend having foil on for the first half of the baking time. I ate mine with a little Greek yogurt, so good!
Sari B. 22 Oct 2018
I modified the recipe because I decided half way that I wanted a sweeter dish. I used 1/2 cup white sugar instead of 3 tbsp in the apple mix, and I used the granola ingredients to make a crumb top instead (switched 1/2 cup brown sugar for honey; mixed with flour and oats; added a couple dashes of cinnamon; then cut in softened butter and crumbled over top). I baked it for 45 minutes and it got a little dark, but I LOVE the taste. Yes, the added sugar definitely helps there, but it really tastes like apple cider baked into a dessert. I checked the other top two apple crisp recipes on Yummly and, even with these modifications, this recipe has more apples and oats and the same amount of sugar. Definitely going to make this again.