- 2 pounds extra firm tofu (or Firm, frozen, see note)
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger (Finely minced)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (Fine)
- 1/2 pound soft tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- tartar sauce (Tofu, recipe, follows)
- fresh parsley
- To defrost tofu, place plastic bag filled with frozen tofu into bowl of hot water. After about 15 minutes, drain bowl and ad more hot water.
- Repeat process until tofu is soft.
- Remove tofu from plastic bag, rinse, and then squeeze out excess water by placing cakes between two plates and pressing plates together while tipping out water. Cut tofu horizontally into 1/2 inch thick slices.