Breaded Pork ChopsO Meu Tempero
These pork chops are given the standard three step breading process to achieve their delectable crust. First the chops are dusted with flour, then they are dipped in beaten egg,, and finally they are dredged in breadcrumbs. Using a plastic sealable bag for the flour is genius, since you can simply shake the chop to coat evenly and thoroughly, and it's the flour that forms the glue for the egg and the breadcrumbs to adhere.
- 4 pork chops
- ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- 6 slices bread (stale, for bread crumbs)
- 1 eggs
- melted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Season pork chops with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 3Allow a few minutes so the pork chops absorb the taste.
- 4In a blender, shred stale bread, cilantro and parsley.
- 5Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. Place flour in a plastic bag.
- 6Whisk egg in another bowl. Place the pork chops in the bag with flour one by one and shake to coat each.
- 7Dip each pork chop in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- 8Place in a greased baking dish and drizzle lightly with melted butter on top.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or done. Serve with rice, vegetables, or a salad, if desired.