Breaded Cod Roes SaladO Meu Tempero
Look for packages of cod roe in the freezer case at your supermarket or online. You may also be able to find fresh roe at your neighborhood fish market (or at least you can ask their for their recommendation). In this recipe, the roe are coated in breadcrumbs and then fried until golden brown on the outside, then sliced and served in a salad that includes arugula, tomato wedges, and sliced roasted pepper, with cilantro and lemon as the garnishes.
- 400 grams cod roe (frozen)
- 100 grams arugula
- 2 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 roasted bell peppers (cut into slices)
- cilantro leaves (fresh, to taste)
- 1 lemon
- 1 beaten eggs
- bread crumbs (to taste)
- coarse salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (for frying and seasoning to taste)
- 1Once thawed, season the cod roes with salt, pepper and a few drops of lemon juice.
- 2Pass through the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- 3Heat a non-stick pan and add a little olive oil (about 2 tbsp).
- 4Fry the roes and once they get an opaque color halfway, it is time to turn them.
- 5Drain on absorbent paper.
- 6When cool, cut into slices.
- 7Arrange the arugula, tomato, pepper and roes on a large platter. Season with coarse salt.
- 8Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.