If you are looking for a savory dinner that will fill the kitchen with aromatic smells, then this recipe for Breaded Chicken Breast Prepared in Butter and Fine Herbs is just what you need. Fine herbs is a mixture of rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley and tarragon. Tickle your taste buds and wow the family with this recipe that is perfect for a family dinner or for guests. Get to cooking!
- cooking oil (/spray)
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon (just the juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine herbs (mixture of rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, and tarragon which can be found in the spice aisle of most supermarkets)
- Place a frying pan over the stove at medium-high and then add cooking spray or oil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix them together with some salt and pepper. Place the flour in a separate bowl, and in a third bowl place the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and paprika (mixed together).
- Dry any excess liquid covering the chicken breasts and once dry, cover the chicken in a light layer of flour.
- After the chicken is covered in flour, place them into the bowl with the egg mixture and then finally, cover the chicken breasts with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken on the frying pan and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side. If you want to make sure that the chicken is completely cooked, stick a knife into the center of each chicken breast. If a pink or red juices come out, the chicken is may need some more time (approx. 5 more minutes).
- Once the chicken is cooked, take them out and set them aside on a plate.
- Add the butter and the herbs into the pan and let the butter melt completely. Once the butter melts, add the lemon juice, mix everything well and then pour this mixture over each chicken breast.
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.