Bologna is a nostalgic favorite and inexpensive deli meat. Children all over were packed bologna sandwiches in their lunch boxes. It is a hearty meat that usually is thick cut. This Breaded Bologna with Simple Salad is a great twist on a childhood favorite. Ingredients for the sandwich include bologna, eggs, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, pepper, and shredded parmesan cheese. The salad includes spinach leaves, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 4 slices bologna
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- cooking spray
- 1 handful spinach leaves (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 100 grams cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Beat the eggs and mustard together in a deep dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs, pepper, and parmesan cheese together.
- Dip the slices of bologna into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Dip into the egg mixture once more and then into the breadcrumb mixture again.
- Fry in a skillet spritzed with cooking spray until golden brown on both sides.
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing the vinegar with the salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Place the spinach, tomato, and cheese into a bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and serve along with the sliced bologna.
|Calories400Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.