- 500 grams bread dough
- raisins (to taste)
- corn meal
- wheat flour
- Note: For the bread, prepare in a bread machine or oven.
- For one loaf, it is more efficient to use the bread maker.
- For 2 loaves, bake in oven at once and freeze the second after slicing and placing it in a freezer bag.
- Sprinkle baking surface with cornmeal, whether baking in bowl of bread machine, loaf pan, etc.
- If baking in the oven, place a container of water in the oven to humidify the air during baking.
- For the dough: Dust hands with flour, remove dough from bowl and place on a floured surface.
- Do not knead the dough and handle it carefully so as not to lose the air bubbles.
- Spread out dough and place raisins in the middle. Close the dough, pressing the ends to seal.
- Tip: Remember not to knead too much. Turn the ends down and place loaf carefully in the bowl of the machine or floured pan.
- Place a few more raisins on top and sprinkle with flour. If desired, score surface of dough with a few shallow cuts.
- Let the dough rest for another 40 minutes.
- In the oven: Preheat the oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F). Add container of water and bake for 30 minutes.
- For the bread maker: select the program to bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove bread and let cool on a rack.