With a name like Bread from God, how could you go wrong with this recipe? These sweet and savory rolls are perfect appetizers for a family dinner, party, special occasion, or celebration. They take 70 minutes to prepare and are a mere 45 calories per serving. Each morsel you pop in your mouth will tantalize the taste buds. Some ingredient that make this bread special grated coconut and powdered sugar.
- 500 grams flour (type 55)
- 50 grams sugar
- 50 grams butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 5 grams bakers yeast
- fine salt
- 200 milliliters milk (warm)
- 1 egg yolks (for glaze)
- 100 grams grated coconut
- 50 grams refined sugar
- 1 large eggs (extra)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour a working surface, and make a hole in the center.
- Add the sugar, butter, egg, yeast, salt, and milk carefully, so ingredients don't overflow. Start mixing from the inside outwards until all the liquid is absorbed by the flour.
- Knead to reach a very smooth dough (about 10 to 15 minutes). Place in a bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-less place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough into 8 equal balls, trying not to alter the dough too much. Place on a baking tray line with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg yolk.
- For the topping, mix well the coconut, sugar, and egg. Divide for the eight balls.
- Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180 C for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, unmold, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories45Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.