- 10 bread (sliced of, – toasted)
- 2 zucchini (– sliced lengthwise)
- 5 cloves garlic (– chopped)
- 1 onion (– sliced)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes (large, – sliced)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (– shredded)
- grated romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Toast the bread.
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the sliced onion and sauté until it is slightly golden. Add the garlic and sauté until it is fragrant and set aside.
- Add the sliced of zucchini and sauté until it is slightly golden and set aside.
- Preheat the Oven 350 degrees:
- Prepare a baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place some slices of bread to fit the bottom of the dish. Place zucchini, onion and garlic and slices of tomato. Top with the shredded cheese and grated Romano; repeat this process until all of the bread a veggies is used.
- Finish with shredded cheese, grated Romano cheese and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Bake this for 40-45 minutes. Let the dish rest for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.