First you make a basic caramel using water and sugar to line the Bundt pan (as a nonstick coating), a step that you could follow for other types of Bundt cake recipes. The bread is also allowed to soak up the milk for a few minutes, but after that everything is processed in the Thermomix before being poured into the prepared pan and baked in a water bath until cooked through. The pudding needs to be chilled for at least three hours to be sliceable or spoonable.
- 200 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 200 grams day old bread
- 1,000 grams milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 390 grams condensed milk
- 250 coconut milk
- 5 eggs
- In a nonstick frying pan, place the sugar and water. Bring to a boil until caramelized.
- Spread the caramel in a 24 cm diameter bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- In a bowl, soak the bread in 200 grams of milk until the bread absorbs all of the liquid.
- Place the sugar and remaining 800 grams of milk in the Thermomix cup and set for 5 minutes/194°F/speed 1.
- Remove as much milk from the bread and add to the Thermomix cup. Add the condensed milk and coconut milk and mix for 10 seconds/speed 7.
- Add the eggs and mix for 10 seconds/speed 6.
- Pour the pudding in the caramelized mold and bake in a water bath for about 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set.
- Unmold just before serving.