- 4 cups bread cubes (dried white or cinnamon swirl, 6 to 7 slices*)
- 1/3 cup raisins (dried cranberries, or other snipped dried fruit)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 butterscotch sauce (recipe, or Bourbon Sauce, optional)
|Calories220Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Goheen 19 Nov 2018
Really easy to make everyone loved it and the sauce was awesome too
Ruth Rangan 10 Apr 2018
Really excellent, carmel sauce and all. For my taste, I would dial back the nutmeg and cinnamon both, but I am a bread-pudding minimalist. I also halved the melted butter in the pudding recipe, with no ill effects. I halved the sauce amount, and it was plenty. This one's a keeper.
Crissy N. 21 Mar 2018
Wonderful bread pudding! Exactly what I was looking for. I’ve made it twice in the past week because it’s just that delicious and simple to make!! Simple and quick, always a plus! Very happy to find this recipe.
Eddie 18 Mar 2018
It turned out a little soggy but was overall it was delicious. Next I'll try adding more bread
Patti T. 11 Mar 2018
it turned out awesome
Jones 26 Feb 2018
A delicious way to use up stale bread.
Linda 4 Dec 2017
Great, yes I will make it again adding pineapple!
Lindsey S. 19 Oct 2017
I doubled everything because I had a homemade loaf I wanted to get rid of quick before it went bad, excellent!