Bread Cheese FattoushSECONDS
Dinner doesn’t have to be a pain in the Fattoush! This classic Lebanese Middle Eastern salad will be your new favorite jam. It’s fresh and different, crunchy and healthy. We fry up some cubed pita . . . ok, that’s the only slightly unhealthy part. We shake things up with a scratch balsamic dressing and top it off with seared bread cheese. Yes, we cook the cheese, that is the genius of using bread cheese. It’s crisp on the outside, melty on the inside, and takes this salad to a whole new level. #meatless #eatmorebreadcheese
- 2 pita rounds
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup jarred pickled chilis
- 2 handfuls romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint (chopped)
- 6 oz. bread cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sumac
- Grab your pitas and cut them into small cubes. Place a large pan over medium-high heat and coat the bottom with half olive oil and half vegetable oil. Add the pita cubes to the pan and sprinkle with salt. Toast them up, stirring occasionally so they don’t burn.
- Find a large salad bowl and set aside. Take your cucumber and, using your knife, quarter it longways. Run your knife along the inside of each long strip and remove the seeds (they make for a soggy salad, but save them and make refreshing spa water). Then give the cucumber a rough chop and add them to the salad bowl. Next, add your pickled chilies and a bit of their oil. Tear up the romaine lettuce, rough chop the mint, and add both to the salad.
- The pita croutons should be pretty crispy by now, remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and toss them in the salad. Place the pan with residual oil back over the heat. Now grab the life-changing bread cheese. Season the slab with salt and pepper and lay it in the hot oil.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories400Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes