If you have leftover cake and want to repurpose it, this recipe is for you. Similar to bread pudding, it features an eggy mixture of ricotta, candied fruit or chocolate chips and orange flower water, which gets combined with leftover, baked cake tha…
has been soaked in milk. It bakes in the oven until cooked through and custard-like. Unlike bread pudding, however, it's served chilled and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- 700 grams cake (Easter, or other similar sweet bread, diced)
- 500 milliliters milk
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- essence (orange blossom)
- candied fruit (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, soak the bread in the milk.
- In another bowl, whisk together with the eggs, cheese, and a few drops of orange blossom essence.
- Add a handful of candied fruit or chocolate chips.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined round cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled sprinkled with powdered sugar.