- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin (cut into thin strips)
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple (fresh slices, cubed, divided **)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (fresh, snipped, divided)
- 4 tangerines
- 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut (toasted ***)
- Stack kale leaves and roll up tightly; slice crosswise into very thin strips; place in serving bowl. Add drained black beans.
- Season pork strips with 1 teaspoon coriander, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Stir-fry pork strips until they are golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Place pork strips in serving bowl with black beans and kale.
- In blender, combine citrus juices, remaining tablespoon olive oil, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup pineapple cubes, remaining 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 cup cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Add tangerine sections and remaining pineapple cubes to salad bowl. Toss salad with dressing. Garnish with remaining cilantro and toasted coconut.
- Serves 6.
- * Tangerine juice can be found in the refrigerator case or as a frozen concentrate.
- ** Canned pineapple rings in natural juices, cut into cubes, may be substituted for fresh pineapple.
- *** To toast coconut, spread on shallow cookie sheet and toast in 325 degree F. oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to toast evenly.