A version of what my Grandmother used to make.
- olive oil
- 1 diced onion (medium)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 can palm hearts (sliced)
- 1 can green peas (drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives (pitted and)
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan (finely)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- In a small pot, combine chicken, garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp salt and just enough water to cover. Boil on low heat for 30 minutes. Drain, discard the garlic and set aside. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle pull it apart with your fingers. The fibers should be roughly an inch long and a centimeter wide, but don't fret about the size.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, onion, tomato paste, parsley, palm hearts, peas and olives. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup of olive oil, milk, eggs, flour, corn starch, baking powder and parmesan. Make sure you put the wet ingredients on the bottom or it will clog your blender. Mix until you have a smooth, runny dough.
- In a large baking pan, pour about half of the batter along the bottom of the pan. Scoop out the chicken mixture over the batter and then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour at 350F. Pie is ready when the batter begins to turn a golden brown.
|Calories240Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.