- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 20 ounces Shady Brook Farms® Traditional Turkey Bratwurst
- 3/4 pound yellow potatoes (or small red, quartered)
- 3 celery (ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (large, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 onion (medium, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes (unsalted whole)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- worcestershire sauce
- herb (garnish, optional)
- In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add bratwurst and cook, covered, until browned and cooked through. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Return bratwurst to pot; add potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaf and sage. Simmer over low heat, covered, about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In small bowl, whisk together water, mustard, cornstarch and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Stir into stew; simmer about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add herb garnish, if desired.