Brandied Apricot Pork TenderloinPork
This flavorful mélange of pork, apricots and fresh fennel would be delicious served over instant or larger-grained couscous.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 fennel bulb (small, greens removed and cut into thin slices)
- 1 red onion (small, cut into 1/2-wide wedges)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (canned low-sodium)
- 1/4 cup brandy (OR apple juice)
- 16 apricots (Metiterranean, dried)
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon dijon (style mustard)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 3-5 minutes or until surface is brown. Remove pork from skillet.
- 2Melt butter in skillet. Add fennel and onion. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add 3/4 cup broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced. Turn off heat. Stir in brandy, apricots and raisins.
- 3Push vegetable mixture to edges of skillet. Place tenderloin in center; spread with mustard. Roast in heated oven for 20-27 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Transfer pork to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Loosely cover with foil.
- 4Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to skillet with vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 4-5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 5Slice pork and transfer to a shallow platter. Spoon vegetable mixture on platter with pork.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.